Community Health Needs Assessment Expertise
At AscentHealth Consulting, we have extraordinary enthusiasm for improving the health of communities. It all starts with a high quality Community Health Needs Assessment that meets the needs of organizations requiring information and health trends for strategic decisions moving forward.
Today more than ever, all communities have the need to improve their healthcare and lower costs. Nonprofit hospitals, public health departments, foundations with a healthcare mission and United Ways will find our affordable assessment provided by highly trained experts to be the right solution to their data needs. Our principals and associates have the background in healthcare that will inspire your confidence.
Our Community Health Needs Assessment helps nonprofit hospitals fulfill the requirements for submitting the IRS Form 990 Schedule H.
The AscentHealth Consulting process is highly customizable for each community, yet provides proven, standardized measures to accurately describe a community’s health indicators. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive, data-driven baseline.
Elements of the Community Health Needs Assessment include:
- Complete compilation and description of nationally-recognized data sets including variables that can be compared to state and national benchmarks
- Analysis of health trends with historical comparisons to inform the community’s health and estimates on improvement or decline
- Inclusion of public domain secondary data points on specific health conditions, when available
- Highly customizable format for presentations, publications and community involvement
- Recommendations on areas of focus or concentration of community resources based on assessment results
Optional features can include the following elements:
- Primary data generated from telephone surveys (landline and cell)
- Qualitative data summarized from focus groups of varying size
- Scalable email survey efforts to gather additional qualitative variables
- Key informant surveys or interviews to engage and involve thought leaders in the community
- Environmental scan of health policy and politics of certain health concerns (ex. teen pregnancy, smoking ordinances, sodium or sugar drink code enforcement)
- Other unique factors can be analyzed at client’s direction
Community Health Improvement Plan
With high-quality data gathered through the Community Health Needs Assessment, AscentHealth also offers comprehensive experience in developing the next step: a Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). Elements of the CHIP include:
- Highly collaborative process defines a vision for the health of the community
- Prioritized recommended interventions based on CHNA results
- Evidence-based models of successful programs/projects: lists provided
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluation process plan
Please call for Mary Coyne at (806) 670-7440 for more information about our high quality, affordable services.